Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'll Be Glad to Share My Secret

Have you tried Picasa?


cropped and warmified


It is a handy and effective, easy and free photo editing and on-line storage tool.


Auto-tune, cropped, warmified, highlight and shadow added, soft focus
I just noticed the before picture is on the right, not left as intended--oops!


If you have a Blogger account, you have a Picasa Account.  Every picture you post on Blogger is stored in your Picasa account.  This is a pretty neat freebie.  Not only are you Blogger pictures stored here, but you can also upload other pictures to the Picasa site and have access to them anywhere the internet is available. You can also make your photo albums private or public, depending on how you want to share pictures with others.



color saturated, soft focus

The BEST thing about Picasa is the free photo editing software.  Download it to your computer here.  You can easily turn blah, boring pictures into awesome ones (dare I sound like a commercial and say eye-popping?  Just kidding).  Crop out your raggedy fingernails and blur the ugly edges!


cropped, highlight and shadow added


It is so easy to use.  And you'll have fun tweaking your photos. Almost all of the editing on these photos was a one-click process.  One click per edit but none of  that hunting and clicking and sliding bars and color charts and all that other complicated business you have with the 'not-free-at-all' photo editing software. 


 Gratuitous Brownie because everything's better with chocolate, right?


And did I mention you can create these fun mosaics??? 

Go--Go--Go!  Quit reading this and download that software and start playing.  You can thank me later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the post. Thank you for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

The imPerfect Housewife said...

What in the world??? Well, I just learned something new. I just got a camera for my b-day so that sounds like fun ~ learning to do new things with pictures. Now if I can just learn how to use my camera I'll have it made!! LOVE your pics ~ ♥

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24