Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Changes and Grok

Temperature Friday morning:



Temperature this morning:




Heat wave!

Grok: To share the same reality or line of thinking with another physical or conceptual entity.  The word was coined by Robert Heinlein in 1961 in the novel Stranger in a Strange Land.  On Mars, water is scarce (from the novel, ya know) so drinking water is a central focus.  When you drink water, it becomes one with you and you become one with the water.

Have you read your Bible today?  Have you grokked God's word?  Or at least attempted it?!?

4 comments:

Andi said...

Deep thinkin'. I loved it! And, yes, I did my paltry devotion that I'm doing until my ladies group restarts.

Marilyn said...

Well actually the reading looked the same on that picture. It was 28 here at 6 am and Yes I have read my Bible this morning. Love Ya

Mandy said...

Um? You keep it 65 degrees in your house? Are you FREEZING crazy? I couldn't get my rear end out of bed if it was that cold!

No, I haven't read my bible today. Yet.

marymary said...

I read too today! I'm doing a "read the Bible through in a year" thing from lifechurch.tv I think it's about time that I do that!

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24