Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Thursday, February 02, 2012

The Police pt. 4


Meanwhile, back at  Beck's hacienda,  the rest of the toilet paper gang were laughing hysterically and wondering what had happened to the two of us.

Imagine their faces when a police car pulled up in front of the house.

Imagine their attitudes when they heard we (probably me) were narcs.

Imagine our popularity for the next few days.

Imagine me living in terror that I would have a record and my parents would find out and disown me and I would eventually be living a true life of crime to support myself and my drug baby and, and, and....

It was a bit anticlimactic (and a huge relief) when we were ordered to cease and desist toilet papering people's homes.  And ordered to clean up the huge mess (which had blown away on Oklahoma winds in the night.  The hand of God?  I think so... Oh wait, is that sacrilegious?).  And to write an apology to Larry and his toilet paper terrorized family.  And to do community service in the BSU.

The worst was on Monday when I gathered my courage and returned to my beloved BSU to give my personal apology to my beloved director, Larry.

Me:  I'm really sorry.  I didn't know they had TP'd your house three days in a row before this incident.

Larry:  I'm really disappointed in you Dawn.  (thrust your knife into my heart why don't you!).  I'm not surprised about the others.  But not you.  I expected better than this from you.  (Go ahead...twist it).

Me:  I know.....I'll try to make it up to you.....somehow.....someway.....somewhere........

Larry eventually forgave me and we remain friends.

My friends and partners in crime remained my friends in spite of me being a tattle tale.  But I still always felt like a little kid around some of them. And probably still would.  Because I'm mature like that.

I did not have to make a phone call and tell my parents.

I have never ever ever toilet papered another house.

But I once forked a lawn....

(Dear Partners in Crime.  If you are reading this post and it seems that I have forgotten or made up many details, perhaps you are right!)

 





3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Fun story.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Did this story impress the teenage boy? I can see it left a big impression on you!

I'm surprised the police got involved. Must have been a slow night for them. Hopefully they weren't too scary?

Andi said...

Now, about those forks...

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24