Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Monday, January 11, 2016

This Aging Thing

I had no idea that aging would hurt this much.  Or be so life changing.  Or especially that it would be so darned...

EXHAUSTING!

Tonight we had supper over with and cleaned up by 5:30, so Les and I merrily headed to the living room, iPad and book in hand to spend the evening sitting on the couch, randomly reading, checking social media and watching "Sherlock: The Abominable Bride" which we had DVR'd.  (Actually Les did not have a book.  Or an iPad.  Just to be clear here.)

Guess what.  At 6:30, I was freezing, stiff from sitting still for less than an hour and so darned tired I could have toddled off to bed and slept till morning.

But since I had psyched myself up to watch Sherlock, I decided to take a nice warm shower, put on jammies and robe, get warmed up and woken up so that we could enjoy tv together for once.

So I limped to the shower, got warmed up, settled on the couch, started the show and Les fell asleep.


And then Sherlock was stupid.  I don't know why, usually I love him.  I mean the show...

And now at 8:30 I'm exhausted again.

Perhaps it's time for a little smackerel, to quote Pooh.  Did I tell you the cutest kid ever loooovvveeess Pooh? 
(Cause seriously what is a blog post without an adorable grandchild picture, right?)

Did I tell you I've gained X amount of pounds since August?  I try not to think about it actually.  I especially try not to think about it when there are dark chocolate brownies, or homemade cookies or cheese dip or...anything else worth eating.  The bathroom scale is gathering dust bunnies, but my pants are happy to inform on me. 

So no smackerel for me sadly. 

Now, while I was in the shower, many hilarious and/or spiritual truths passed through my mind but sadly the Sharpie that would be handy for recording deep thoughts on the shower wall was nowhere to be found.  Lucky for me, I'm sure.

Remember about six or so years ago when I would write this blog in my manic state at four in the morning?  Or at two a.m. after a frenzied bout of bridesmaid dress creating.  Or "daughter in college" paper proofreading?  What the heck happened?

Brilliance has left the house. 




2 comments:

Andi said...

It's really just being out of practice. I loved it!

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about blogging again but my mind seems dead to anything exciting. THAT my dear comes with age. Wait 20 years and go back and remember just how easy this part of your life is. Hang in there.

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24