Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

SuWeet

In Teen Speak, "Suweet" is another word for thanks.
--Mrs. Castor, can I have a paper clip? Sweet!
--Do you have a pencil I can borrow? Sweet!
--Did you find that book I was looking for? Sweet!
--You removed my fine? Suweet!

It's not that they are not polite--you've just gotta learn the lingo! Otherwise you'd be really confused about why a plain old silver paperclip, or a chewed on pencil missing an eraser or a removed library fine would be--Sweet!

Course, I have no trouble interpreting that a desired book is of course--Sweet!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog makes me giggle! It is SUWEET!

Unknown said...

Don't forget SICK and NASTY for "that's neat/cool". and the ultimate: sick nasty!

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24