Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

It is Spring--Read this Book!

"Spring, Spring, Spring!"
sang the Frog.


"Spring!" said the groundhog.


"Spring, Spring, Spring!"
sang the robin.




It was Spring.





The leaves burst out.


The flowers burst out.


The robins burst out of their eggs.


It was Spring.
text and above picture from "Home for a Bunny"

When I was a little girl, my very favorite book in all the world was Home for a Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Garth Williams. Brown is best know for the book Goodnight Moon and you will remember Garth Williams from his illustrations of the Little House on the Prairie series and from Charlotte's Web.

The book belonged at my Grandma's house and when it was nap time, that was the book I always wanted her to read. When I grew up and had little girls of my own, I was delighted to discover Home for a Bunny in the "Little Golden Book" display at Walmart. When I read it to them, I could still hear Grandma's voice in my head, saying the words along with me.

If you don't have your own copy--get one off Amazon today! The pictures (as you can see by the robins above) are delightful. Celebrate the arrival of Spring with this wonderful book!

***By the way, the pictures above of flowers are mostly weeds in my yard! They are so beautiful when they are the only green thing around. My favorite is the tiny blue ones with the penny beside them to show how little they are. They are my favorite until I spend all summer long pulling them up from the flower bed where they are an uncontrollable mat of vine-y weediness that is horrible and twining around all my other plants and the delightful, tiny blue flowers are no more!

No comments:

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24