Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Down on the Farm

I 'stole' a box of pictures from Les' Grandmother's house. It was a lot of fun looking through them even though I don't know many of the people in there (people in the box?!?)--people in the photographs!

This cute kid with the chicken is Les' dad, Kenny. I'm not sure what that guy in the background is doing to the car!


Kenny's Grandma took lots of pictures of 'her' cattle. Here's a panoramic view.



Here's Kenny's Uncle Kike (umm, yeah, that was what they called him! But it wasn't his real name) in the pen with some new calves and their mama--were they twins?




I wonder if these two pictures were of the same calves--I love them! I love the perspective--right down at eye level.



I wonder if they were taken by a little kid--Kenny perhaps.

Hope you enjoyed your visit to the farm!




3 comments:

Andi said...

Are you posting on your cruise, or are you just uber organized and scheduled posts? I'm impressed!

Marilyn said...

Did you know that Kenny's dad bought his registered Herferds cattle from my grandad Richard and Uncle Roy. Think where those cute little calves came from. It's all in the family.

Sophie said...

Beautiful old photos, I loove collecting old photos, especially of family...there's just something extra special about an old faded photograph :). Thank you for stopping by my blog!

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24