Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Read This Book! Head in the Clouds

I love books!  I love getting books in the mail!  Especially  advanced reader copies that are not available in the store yet!  I've discovered several new favorite authors this way and now have a new one.

Head in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer will be released October 10 and you simply must get it!  This fun historical romance is written by a Texas native who blends history, romance and suspense into one fun read!

Adelaide Proctor, the heroine of our story, is a young teacher whose romantic heart leads her to quit her job and follow a travelling book salesman whom she hopes to be the answer to her dreams. She arrives in Fort Worth, eager and nervous, only to discover that Henry has been leading her astray--using his charm to sell books.  Addie discovers he is married with a child her first night in the busy town and is both heartbroken and in a panic.  Addie can't believe she fell for the salesman's flirtatiousness and gave up her secure, although lonely, life in a whim.  She cries out her loneliness and humiliation to God and asks him to guide her and direct her foolish heart and to help her get her head out of the clouds.

When she is at last empty of tears, Addie sits back to contemplate her future in a more rational fashion.  An advertisement for a governess on a remote ranch catches her eye and she sets out across the prairie in pursuit of the position.

Gideon Westcott is a younger son of an English aristocrat who is seeking his own way as a sheep rancher on the rugged American frontier.  His Texas home is efficiently run by an English butler and housekeeper and he is aided and advised in his sheep enterprise by Mexican sheepherders.  To this eclectic mix of people, Gideon has added Isabella, a little girl he befriended on the ship from England.  Her mother had died on the journey to America, naming Gideon her daughter's guardian on her deathbed.  Bella hasn't spoken a word since her mother's death and seems to draw into herself more each day.  Gideon hopes that the right governess will draw Bella out of her grief.

Danger, suspense, humor and romance abound in this delightful novel so really, you must....

Read this book!

And if you will please leave a comment between now and next Monday, I will use my online friend, the random number generator to choose a winner of this copy of the novel!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these types of books! I'm a Lori Wick fan too! Thanks Dawn! Flo

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, I do love a good book! My plan time is almost over and it's time to pick the class up from art. Before I do that, I wanted to invite you personally to join in a blog swap I am hosting. I think you would really enjoy it. Of course, I totally understand if that's not something you're interested in doing. Just wanted to let you know that I'd be thrilled if you would consider joining us. Sign up ends tomorrow. I hope the end of your week is marvelous.

Robin G said...

I would like read it and I will be needing a different book to read in just a couple of days.

Andi said...

Okay, I'm pretty sure this time I'll be a winner! ANd, I can't think of a better sister to give it to...

Anonymous said...

how about your favorite Aunt C????

SueZ said...

I enjoy reading historical romances, so would dearly love to have this book!!

Ashley said...

This Sounds great and who doesn't like to win a free book :)

Marilyn said...

It is the time of year that I do a lot of reading. The longer evenings and nothing on TV inspire me to read. I would love to read this book.

SueZ said...

It's Monday!! Did you misplace the notice that I had won the book??????

SueZ said...

Who won the book?

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24