Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Monday, October 04, 2010

Not your typical Quesadilla

Don't forget to leave a comment to win the book, Head in the Clouds!

Yesterday after church, we went to eat at a non-fast food place.  The company was delightful.  The chips, salsa and queso were bottomless.  Non-Fast were the operative words here--we didn't leave till 2:00 and that meant naptime was about over!

The food--meh....

Something was lost in the translation, I suspect.  I ordered a chicken Quesadilla.  Then a overheard a few of our party ordering sides and I thought--I want a side that is not rice and beans.  So I asked the server if I could have a side of steamed veggies.

And she said sure.

English is not her native language.

I got an order of steamed veggies as a side.  I took a bite of my lumpy, bumpy, apparently chicken and cheese filled tortilla.  The chicken had a funny taste.  And texture.  The white stuff turned out to be cauliflower, not chicken

Apparently, all unaware, I changed my order to steamed veggies on the side.  And an order of steamed veggies inside my non-chicken quesadilla.

Bleh.  I do not recommend it!

7 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Our FAVORITE restaurant here is a Mexican place where the waiters do not speak much English. I've picked up enough "foodlish" to get along ordering - - - and it is soooooo good.

LOL about the cauliflower quesadilla!!! Certainly not good when you were expecting chicken!!!

Paula said...

Egads...I never send food back, but I might have in this case.

Travis Erwin said...

That would have given me a seizure. But then again I would never order steamed veggies.

Andi said...

Zoiks!

Yes, I'm currently watching Scooby Doo with the girls!

Robin said...

That does not even sound good.

Marilyn said...

Well, I have had trouble with fish tacos so I am sure that a cauliflower quesidilla would not be on my menu. Not quite Tex- Mex for me. This is too funny. ked

Marilyn said...

well I don't know where that last little ked came from.

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24