Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stalker

Last night I was at Wal-Mart in the craft session (imagine that) and was debating over some item or another I don't need and out of the corner of my eye I notice this little kid standing there.

Just staring at me.

"Go find your parents, little person," I thought.

But the kid just stood there.

So I decided to give him my best teacher evil eye. (or if he was teary, offer to help him find his parent because I'm obviously a caring person)

When I turned around to look the little delinquent  person child in the face, I discovered.....

That my stalker .....



Was indeed made of stalks in the form of a four foot scarecrow.....

(the above picture is not, in fact, an actual picture of the actual stalker but very greatly resembles the one who acosted me in the craft section at Wal-Mart.  I regret that I did not have the presence of mind to take a picture of the perpetrator at the scene of the crime)

6 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

At least we know you are not a crow since you did not fly away.

Paula said...

Creeeeeeeepy scarecrow stalker! Thanks for the laugh

Andi said...

We have a hook that people hang jackets on at work to the right behind the desk at our nurses station...I can't tell you how many times I've been creeped out thinking someone was standing there staring to realize it was just a jacket hanging...

DottiesDoodles said...

Now aren't you glad that it is now officially FALL??? I could tell you of the creepy feeling I got last week when I saw the shadow of a huge owl fly over my back deck. They can't carry me away...but it sure did give me a start...scared my little Dante so that he hussled into the house via the doggie door.

Happy Fall Y'all and watch out for those scarecrows.

Hilary said...

That is so funny! You are so funny.

Marilyn said...

Good story.

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24