Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Just So You'll know....

I may be on summer vacation.  I may or may not have spent a day or two playing video games.  I have read a bunch of books.  

But I do work really, really hard.  Sometimes.  

My husband is not only a Music Pastor but also the Senior adult Pastor.  For some reason he loves to have a cookout in the summer with the senior adults when it is 100+ degrees for days on end.  

When it's hot, I just want the yard to die.  I don't want to work outside.  But the week before the cookout I am shamed into it.  

This is the result of my labor.  My selflessness.  My giving to his ministry.  

Weeds pulled (mostly).

Flowers groomed.  (Kind of)

Grass--well, lets just call it mowed and ignore the weeds and mole and gopher tunnels, K?

Me dirty and sweaty (thoroughly)



The things I do for my man....

And did I mention I have a tramp stamp sunburn????  (But I didn't take a picture.  You're welcome!)

(seriously, I love having the senior adults over.  I am so thankful that is one of his areas of ministry--They are fun and fabulous!)

3 comments:

Andi said...

I love getting that filthy! It always means I accomplished something big!

Tramp stamp sunburns are the worst.

KiteFlyer said...

I can't remember the last time I was that dirty. It was probably in the 5th grade...
Kudos on the cookout! It's awesome that you guys do that.

Ashley said...

I don't think I've ever had that much dirt on me! But I do NO yard work! Lol

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24