Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Strawberry Pie anyone?


We had the kids over to eat supper with us one day last week and for dessert I made Strawberry Picnic pies.  It was Strawberry Week over at "The Farm Chicks" blog and Serena featured this recipe one day--It looked so yummy, I had to try it!

To make your own Strawberry Picnic Pies, go visit the Farm Chicks!  

Topic change:  I love having our grown up kids over!  The conversation is great, the camaraderie is fun and it is so terrific to see our little girls with their guys and to have this new wonderful grownup friendship!  I love it!  I have to say, I'm in no hurry to inject grandkids into the mix.  I'm loving spending uninterrupted time with my four grownups!

Ok.  Sorry.  Gushing over!

Go make Strawberry Picnic Pies!  You'll be glad you did!

6 comments:

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Wow, they look sweet!

I'm at the parenting stage where I'm just starting to let my kids play out on the road unsupervised with other neighbourhood kids. Grown-up suppers are a while away!

Andi said...

Play out on the road? Do you not worry about cars? Just kidding. I remember the relief of them being able to ride their bikes and scooters on the street...

And I always think every age is my favorite. I don't know if I will say that when they are 13 though.

Unknown said...

There are things about thirteen that are great--like it only lasts a year!

Taylor said...

Yum! Those look delish

KiteFlyer said...

Dolly Madison makes some pretty good pies, too.
However, those look mighty tasty!

Anonymous said...

look great!

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24