Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Best Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies EVER!

I came home from school Monday night and decided that I needed cookies.

Why?

Why not?

I had lost 5 pounds in the last month so I was in need of a celebration.

And no day is really complete without cookies.  Or chocolate.  Or both.  (Think about this when you can't sleep. Perhaps that is the reason--you have not had cookies or chocolate.)

And I had received an email from America's Test Kitchen with this yummy oatmeal cookie recipe on it.

And I downloaded an app called Fooducate to my phone.  Scan food bar codes with it and you will find out the nutritional value.  So far I've noticed that mostly things get poor scores because they are over processed and have too many unpronounceable ingredients in them.

So I'm going healthier by eating home made cookies with OLD FASHIONED (not even quick) oatmeal in them.  And I was able to pronounce all the ingredients.  And I used pecans off my brother-in-law's tree, shelled by my wonderful father-in-law.  So I know they were fresh and organic.  And I used unbleached flour.  So there.

The recipe can be found here at Cooks Country Recipes from America's Test Kitchen.  I get an email from them every week or so.  The folks there a Cooks Country put themselves on the line perfecting Oatmeal cookie recipes and such.  Well, I guess somebody's got to do it.

The secret is mixing melted chocolate in the dough and grinding up the oats to use as part of the flour.


This recipe only made 24 cookies.  I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.  They were yummy, divine, delicious and delectable.

Go forth--Bake!

5 comments:

Paula said...

These look wonderful. I'm thinking it is a good thing the recipe only makes 24 cookies...with THE Man out of town that is still 8 cookies each.

Marilyn said...

I have been thinking about making cookies. I haven't for about 6 months. It is fall and the weather is going to get cooler and I won't mind the oven. I am thinking Oatmeal and chocolate chip though.

Freckled Hen said...

Yum! It is pretty awful how much stuff we eat that we can't even pronounce.
Congrats on your five pounds!

Andi said...

Only 24 cookies is a definite bad thing.

Relyn Lawson said...

I may have to bake these. Tonight!

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24