Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

A Little Cookie Story

So my blog look has changed again--by accident! grrr. Not that I care really. I already didn't like it. But word to the wise--when perusing blog templates and you want to save yours--push the button that says BACKUP template, not SAVE template. And I'm still going to work on that header. Soon. Someday. Maybe. Or have Sarah...no, no, no. I'm going to do it all by myself. Maybe. Definitely.


And don't get any repetitive motion injuries. I've been eating chocolate chip cookies I made yesterday. I might get one (an injury--there's no such thing as eating one cookie) I have them hidden under a vintage copper cake cover but I know they are there. I know when I walk into the house. I know when I'm ironing, I know when I'm taking a shower, I know when I'm blogging.


I even thought about them in church. Shhh don't tell.

Am I pig? Am I obsessed? They are calling me--"Dawn, Dawn. We know you can smell our chocolat-ey goodnes. You know you want some more buttery, crispy, chewy yummy-ness that only the mix of chocolate, walnuts and pecans can have.



And then I read this in Psalm 34:8:
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

So does the Lord reside in a Toll House Cookie? I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned here.

I know--I should have the Lord on my mind all the time like I do those cookies--While ironing, showering, blogging, going in the house, going out of the house, especially in church!

Oh and how about--How God is like cookies--every bite's a little bit different--sometimes more nuts, sometimes less chocolate, but always buttery, yummy, sweet and good.

And another thing--God's always calling to me--just like those cookies do. "Dawn, You know you want more of me. Don't resist. Don't turn away. Don't occupy your mind with other things. Think about Me. Think about how wonderful your life would be if you were not hiding Me under a cover and letting Me shine for the world to see. Think what you could be capable of if your were dwelling on and in Me and allowing Me to fill all those spaces you have inside



Hmmm. I think I need a glass of milk now and perhaps a cookie or two. And the repetitive motion injuries I should be in danger of are kneeling in prayer and turning my Bible pages.

Go and do likewise!

*I'm want to let you know about a giveaway at The Farm Chicks Journal. I don't know what they are giving away, but to enter, I have to let ya'll know about it. Their blog's real cute. And the header's cute too. Everything mine isn't.

Have a lovely week.

3 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Um...I would love a cookie please!

Janice said...

I like your anology...and I want a cookie!

Becky said...

Psalms 34:8 - may just become my favorite verse :)

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24