Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

At the Auction

I bought three boxes of junk and spent less than ten dollars. Quite a bargain. For junk!

In this one box was this cute Corning Ware percolator. I decided to try it out tonight since it's kinda damp and cold. Don't worry, I perked a few rounds of vinegar through it when I first brought it home!


It was pretty good coffee!  If I had a camper I'd be definitely be putting this in there for future use.
But we don't have a camper.
We are having a wedding instead.
But that's ok, cause really, we don't even have time to sit in our house which cost us much more than a camper would so we certainly don't have time to go camping.
We didn't have a camper last year or the year before that or the year before that because we have a daughter in college.
I'm betting we won't have one for the next four years either, for the same reason.

But I think I'll keep the coffee pot for future use.  Surely one day I will need it in a camper!

Here's a mystery for you.  Another box of (good) junk contained lots of utensils, many better than the ones I bought new.  There were lots of give away serving pieces--you know, the kind you get at cooperative meetings or from banks.  The kind you used to get anyway.  Do they still do that?

The mystery is:  why are these so much better quality than the ones available for purchase at a reasonable price?  While I might prefer that my serving pieces not be branded with a bank or electric company, it's really not that big of a deal either.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Sadly, my Laverne Farmer's Coop tongs broke. Now I have nothing to scoop spaghetti with, that will not scratch my pot...How sad.

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24