Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Distracted



I got money for Christmas this year and spent it on a Kindle--it was the best toy I've ever bought myself!  It saved my sanity during the endless state testing!

By the way--Have you seen this button?


I'll bet that if those idiots people who serve on the state legislature would come and work at a school during state testing we would not have so many tests.  Oh and they should also have to work in the ISD (in-school detention) room.  And just for good measure, teach a remediation class.  

So, anyhow, I've been severely distracted from blog posting and reading by my little grey toy.  In case you're considering purchasing an e-reader, Just go for it! My husband and daughter have read kindle books purchased through my account on their iphones.  I have downloaded lots of free books from the Amazon website--and they are not only public domain books--plenty of recent ones to choose from!  Sometimes a publisher will release a first volume in a series right before the new one comes out to drum up interest in purchasing.  I've also read stuff I would have never even heard of if I hadn't found it for free.  

Nook and Kindle are pretty comparable.  An iPad or the Color Nook are what I would choose if I were going to read alot of picture books online.  But the iPad is heavier and the glare is bad for reading.  

So--I love my ereader!  I still read plenty of traditional style books but this just gives me more choices!

1 comment:

DLC said...

I enjoy my ereader, too... Probably would never have bought it for myself, but thankful that Trent thought I needed one. Looking back, I think he may have thought I needed to get rid of the STACK of books I carried with me. :o)

I was disappointed last week, when I tried to find 'Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry' and it was not available in Kindle version. :o(

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24