Disclaimer:

Many stories herein are subject to the faulty, and sometimes creative, memory of the blog owner and should not be taken as factual, although the names and events are real! Kind of.

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Horrifying or Hilarious? You Decide!

I visited the thrift store today.  
I did not buy teacups, embroidery or tablecloths.

I bought this little set of salt and pepper shakers.


Truthfully, I barely glanced at it--I should have looked a bit better.
The tray is quite rusty and the caps are beyond cleaning.

But what is that bit of red I spy inside one of the shakers?


Hmmm.  A red plastic bead, a gold bead, a fake diamond,
and,
what is that?

Could it be????


TEETH?
A silver one and some broken chunks--
Ewww.  

Dear friends--if you ever decide to save any lost teeth inside a little jar and mark them with a red bead,
please tell your family about it, so they don't inadvertently deposit your DNA at the thrift store.

It will gross someone out and perhaps cause some scientific inquiry to begin.

Or provide fodder for a foolish blog post.

(No.  I won't be keeping this item......)

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Man, that's really something you can sink you teeth into!

Paula said...

Egads! That is disturbing

Rebecca D said...

Ewwww... ('nuf said!)

Unknown said...

Actually, after I got over being horrified, I burst out laughing. Then I threw it away after showing Molly. Then I wished I had kept it as an awesome White Elephant gift!

Givinya De Elba said...

I saw the title "Horrifying or Hilarious," and I thought, "I bet I'll find this hilarious! I find most horrifying things hilarious!

Wrong.

This is completely, totally, purely horrifying. In every conceivable way. I don't think that's overstating the case.

Are you okay, after your "find?"

KiteFlyer said...

Too bad that wasn't a gold tooth. It would've been your own little version of buying a Picasso at a garage sale. Only it'd be worth 100s of dollars, not millions.

One Last Thought.......

Pleasant words are a honeycomb;
sweet to the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:
24